I'm glad throw is now an expression

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Wed May 18 22:00:26 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 21:05:08 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> I use sublime text, which has decent support for D. At least as
> long as you don't use throw expressions.

There is your problem. Sublime Text likes to be different.

According to the devs, Sublime has its own regex engine optimised
for speed, and uses custom grammars for syntax highlighting.
Whenever D evolves, someone needs to patch their grammar up; and
it’s not the Sublime devs. I did that when the new contract
format went live. I told the devs that it would be better for D
to have a syntax highlighter based on one of the maintained
parsers, but they replied that that would likely never be
supported. That’s when I stopped using Sublime for D.

I’m currently using Visual Studio Community (not “Code”) which
uses dmd as a library for the parsing.

— Bastiaan