Why is D unpopular, redux.

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Sat May 21 22:28:37 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 21 May 2022 at 20:02:22 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 5/21/2022 6:02 AM, deadalnix wrote:
>> We've got a ton of good stuff in D, but we keep adding more
>> rather than making sure that what we have is really good.
>
> I can't help but think this is a bit of a quixotic quest.

This has been discussed so many times:

1) Freeze the current features, and release as the final version
D2 (i.e put into maintenance mode, only have bug fix update, not
any more new language features). I think any serious enterprise
users want language/library stability.

2) all future work going to D3, for you to add / experiment new
language features; and for adventurous users to play with it.

So, one more time, how about D3? Walter, do you hear?