Why is D unpopular?

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:33:25 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 21 May 2022 at 19:06:58 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

> The best explanation of this that I've found is actually from
> an article about error handling in a research language called
> Midori. The following link goes directly to the relevant
> section:
>
> http://joeduffyblog.com/2016/02/07/the-error-model/#bugs-arent-recoverable-errors

I have always had problems with this classification because real
world systems are modular, and bugs in a module are often treated
as exceptions by another module. That is, many systems using
plugins try to recover from bugs in a plugin. In a sense, the
plugin itself becomes an input that the host has to validate.