Why is D unpopular, redux.

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:42:51 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 22 May 2022 at 01:26:13 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I don't read every posting. Nobody can.

I at least skim every posting and have for over a decade now. I
do skip fully reading things that are obvious wastes of time
though.

I'm not the only one too.

It amuses me how many things I've done that people say are
impossible.

> This needs to be a lot more specific. "doesn't play nice" is
> just not helpful.

This has been another issue with D's const from day one. Pull
request #3 was an attempt to fix it:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/3

You complain that you don't have people at your command. Well,
there's plenty of people doing plenty of work.

You just keep turning us away.