Why is D unpopular, redux.

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Sun May 22 13:46:29 UTC 2022

On Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:59:04 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Why can't I support const? To iterate, you need to be able to
> mutate state. This includes an iterator (for concurrent
> iteration + mutation support). And of course reference counting.

I just want to note that librebindable was created to solve this
exact problem. I'm gonna do a dconf talk on that, too. (Yay!)

https://code.dlang.org/packages/rebindable We've mostly done
development on the code in an inhouse repo, so this is a bit
outdated, but nothing in the internals has changed, as far as I
can remember. I'm going to do an update of the public repo before
DConf, add some utility types as examples and so on. But the core
idea has been surprisingly stable.