Why is D unpopular, redux.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon May 23 18:39:10 UTC 2022

On Monday, 23 May 2022 at 17:59:11 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
> Right, but most of all I want my *future* code to be better!

Easy to solve, use 4 branches: old, stable, nextgen,
experimental. Every 3 years advance stable to old, nextgen to
stable. Features move from experimental to nextgen when completed
and tested. Old gets critical security updates, but not much
more. Stable gets fixes.

Then everyone has 3+ years to upgrade their codebase. If they
want faster use nextgen or experimental.

And use semver.

No more confusion... and more freedom.