Why is D unpopular, redux.

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Tue May 24 07:41:55 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 24 May 2022 at 07:15:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 May 2022 at 06:17:38 UTC, FeepingCreature wrote:
>> Actually, I want to jump on this, because I think it's really
>> important, and it's a core argument from my perspective for
>> why D should have macros.
>
> Are you talking of AST macros?

Yeah, some combination of CTFE and DMDFE-as-a-library to allow
CTFE functions to operate on (some abstraction over) code trees
directly. The idea is that something like format strings could be
offered as a library before it even entered the DIP process. That
might also allow pulling a bunch of functionality out of the core
language.