Why is D unpopular, redux.

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue May 24 09:58:26 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 22 May 2022 at 03:37:32 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> I'm sorry about giving that impression, but I literally cannot
> remotely do what everyone asks me to. I'm not Microsoft with
> 10,000 engineers at my command. And your request *did* get
> eventually implemented.

You could have those 10000 engineers at your disposal but they
wouldn't even know what to do. They would just sit idling or play
computer games their entire days. In order make people move you
need to have a clear vision, write architecture documents, write
work packages and so forth which you or no one in the D
management does.

Right now people in the D project don't even know what to do or
implement. Should D have co-routines or should async/await be
implemented? Then we need a document that explains to everybody
what needs to be implemented so people can go pick a certain work
package they want to implement.

The D project consist mostly of coders who just start right away,
which was obvious with your importC which came out of nowhere.
Now, I don't demand that everybody should be full seasoned
managers but the D project certainly lacks these types of people.
Also people who perhaps want to step away from coding and write
architecture/design documents would help.