Why is D unpopular, redux.

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Tue May 24 10:43:00 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 22 May 2022 at 03:37:32 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> For another example, `noreturn` was implemented by other than
> me. It turns out to be incomplete. It's now in my lap to fix it.

That's the opposite of what happened. You kicked off the
implementation around March 2021:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pulls?q=is%3Aclosed+is%3Apr+author%3Awalterbright+DIP1034

Then you abandoned it for ImportC and it got released in an
incomplete state, without a preview switch.

It was actually Florian who stepped up and started fixing the
issues that were pouring in because of that:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pulls?q=is%3Aclosed+is%3Apr+author%3Amoonlightsentinel+noreturn+

But there's still a lot more to go before DIP1034 is properly
implemented.