Why is D unpopular, redux.

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue May 24 20:36:52 UTC 2022

On 5/22/2022 6:31 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> The problem here isn't that people aren't reporting these, or aren't writing DIP
> or whatever. It is that they are told to do so, waste their time doing that and
> then they get named argument instead.

I did a bugzilla search for every issue you have submitted:

https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&email1=deadalnix&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=substring&list_id=240739&query_format=advanced&resolution=FIXED&resolution=INVALID&resolution=WONTFIX&resolution=LATER&resolution=REMIND&resolution=DUPLICATE&resolution=WORKSFORME&resolution=MOVED

Every single one was resolved.

You are not wasting your time posting issues.

 > I wrote DIP, they pretty much got ignored.

Here's a list of DIPs and their statuses:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/README.md

Which one is yours?