Why is D unpopular, redux.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:53:36 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 24 May 2022 at 20:30:14 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> These conclusions seems correct to me.

They seem to only use quantitative data so it might not say much,
or rather infer too much, but good research is difficult. For
instance, how did those libraries come to exist? How do you
discriminate between different levels of decision makers?  How do
you distinguish between influencers and followers? Are decisions
technical or social in reality? Are you sure that old and young
programmers define programming skills on the same scale? Who
choose to participate in surveys? Are open source projects
representative of closed source? Is there a difference between
hobby and professional activites?  Can you find  counterexamples?
Are certain types of software dominating the survey, e.g. web?
Counter examples: Rust, C++, Haskell...

In short, it says nothing of use. We dont try to attract 50% of
all programmers. Even 1% would be huge!