Why is D unpopular, redux.

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed May 25 01:05:09 UTC 2022

On 5/24/2022 5:03 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> In this instance the problem seems to be
> that you are biased towards accepting immediately that stuff is actually not
> broken without examining closely enough what is going on.

I do what I can, but I expect things from users too:

    ** A bug report with a minimized example that illustrates the bug **

If the example does not illustrate a problem, then I move on to the next bug
report. I've spent much time in the past trying to guess what the user meant,
and usually guess wrong, which wastes everyone's time.

I can't get to all of them, so I prioritize the bugs where the submitter made an
effort to make it easier for me to deal with it.