The process described in the linked article could be a good thing for D

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:31:25 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 09:20:12 UTC, forkit wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 09:09:40 UTC, forkit wrote:
>>

> I think this says it all ;-)
>
> https://wiki.dlang.org/?title=Special:Search&search=Vision%2F

And yes I do agree that we have been ridiculously slow when it
comes to producing vision documents. Part of this I think is
Michael being a perfectionist but more generally there is a
framing issue in that I think a vision statement has to be a
quasi-living document tracked in git and published loudly
somewhere rather than a wiki page.

But underneath the overall vision there is still a vast amount of
things to organize and measure. The level of granularity I want
to attack is not initially the big picture stuff, that's not
where the real development work has issues.