Why is D unpopular?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed May 25 18:56:03 UTC 2022

On 5/24/2022 4:26 AM, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> It is a terrible switch that does random bad things.

Back in the olden daze, I've seen magazine compiler benchmark articles trash
various compilers for poor runtime performance. It nearly always boiled down to
the journalist not using the right switches for release builds.

So I'm leery of not being able to turn off the runtime checks to get max
performance.

Besides, it provides a way of accurately measuring how much the runtime checks
are costing.