Why is D unpopular, redux.

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Wed May 25 20:13:46 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 17:27:58 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Maybe your company could take the role of a publisher? So if I
> create a novel effect it would go into one of your stacks with
> a certain percentage?
> Then I don’t have to deal with marketing, windows etc and you
> would get a cut? Or is that unrealistic?

Some actors of the industry have done that and it is very
lucrative for them. A big subscription separated through allies.
But then you have to grow a lot to make acquisition. It's a more
important power imbalance than just relying on other's code
though.
At the end of the day, noone will really do your marketing for
you.

> Yes... it would be better to cooperate and share marketing
> costs, some kind of umbrella brand? Or is it better to be small
> perhaps.

It's too early to tell.
What I'd like to push meanwhile is more sharing of (unmaintained)
private UI code.