DMD 2.100, bring ont he attribute soup

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:54:48 UTC 2022

On Friday, 27 May 2022 at 08:53:29 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> One thing I want to mention is that you only need `scope` if
> you're going to work with data in the stack. Often it's more
> pragmatic to just allocate stuff on the heap so you don't have
> to fight with `scope` checks.

Yes, but allocating on the stack is an optimization. So, for
@safe code just let all memory be managed by the compiler and add
hints where you desire memory optimization.  Then let the
compiler decide and report what the layout is and why.

I want a reason to not use C++20. I want less manual memory
management constructs. I want smarter memory management. And I
generally dont want to think about it or see it in my algorithms.

DIP1000 doesn’t provide that, neither does free/malloc or
stop-the-world GC.