DMD 2.100, bring ont he attribute soup

JN 666total at wp.pl
Fri May 27 13:06:53 UTC 2022

On Friday, 27 May 2022 at 05:06:54 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> Rust is famous for forcing programmers to not just recode their
> programs, but redesign them from the ground up. How they
> managed to sell that is amazing.

I think it's because they don't focus on interop with other
languages, especially other than C. It's "my way or the highway".
And Rust provides many benefits over C/C++ making people willing
to make the complete switch.

In comparison, D is trying to be a language that can partially
replace and interact with existing C++ codebases, even adding
language features to support such workflow.

Not arguing whether one behavior is better than the other, but
it's easier to force programmers to redesign their programs if
they don't have an easy transition path. If it's a hard
transition path, might as well, do the redesigns at this point.