Why is D unpopular, redux.

user1234 user1234 at 12.de
Fri May 27 16:15:53 UTC 2022

On Friday, 27 May 2022 at 15:13:55 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Friday, 27 May 2022 at 14:46:47 UTC, user1234 wrote:
>> while D has static foreach, which can be similarly used let's
>> say to unroll += on each member of a tuple.
>
> I always say that `d` should learn `c++`.
> `Add` as much as you need .
> When `'c++'` users get used to `'c++'s ...` .`D ` should add it.
> Don't be afraid of increasing `complexity`. Programming is a
> game of `intelligence`.
> `D` should be configuriable like `'VIM'`. And give you what you
> like,everything is here for you to choose.
>
> Your `target users` are mainly excellent `'c++' user groups`.
> As for `'rust'`, they are mainly atract people who can't learn
> `'c++'` well . Excellent `'c++'` users will not turn to
> `'rust'`.
>
> If you satisfy `'c++'` users, they will come.
> At least I have what `others` have.
>
> And also `...` and arrays are `orthogonal`.
> They are different concepts. `C++'s` folding expressions can
> match many `operators`.It's so convenient.

yes this is bit what I had in mind, that looks like a very
specific unrolled operation that c++ can only handle with '...'
So C++ can handle 32 operators with "..." but D has not limit,
although the syntax is a bit less friendly.

For example what if the tuple contains a value whose type is not
compatible with one of the 32 operators ? You see in D you can
handle that in a static condition.