What makes a language popular - and how to manufacture D popularity

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Sat May 28 10:40:15 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 08:41:57 UTC, Jakob Jenkov wrote:

> What is the use case where D shines? If there isn't one -
> should the D community maybe
> pick one, and provide excellent tooling, libraries and products
> for that?

In fact, I think there is a good `direction` .
You can focus on the `compiler` domain. Many programmers like to
build their own `compilers`
However, they all lack a 'foundation', but `d` doesn't. Many
programmers build compilers based on `'d'`. We can serve for
these programmers, but we should `unite` them around D.

Also, tools. In my opinion, D `'lacks'` `vim/vscode` tools or
tutorials.
In addition, `d` should make use of all `'d'` community members.
It is better to set up a `'website'` to specifically collect
`'d'` community members' relevant `excellent articles`. Of
course, they are encouraged to distribute the articles to the
`'big'` community, and let them `actively` participate in
`community affairs and reward them`.