Idea: Ownership & lifetime escape analysis by variables in reference to

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Sun May 29 12:11:01 UTC 2022

On 30/05/2022 12:01 AM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> It is just not fruitful to try to make @system-type code @safe

In my snippets here, I've kinda ignored how it should be turned on.

I did mention elsewhere that I previously used scope as a type qualifier
to do this. Which should of course work in @system, but could always be
cast away. Just like shared, const or immutable.

In general I am in agreement, these sort of safety features shouldn't be
opted out of, instead opted into only. Otherwise you're breaking a ton
of code without any benefit