Idea: Ownership & lifetime escape analysis by variables in reference to

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Sun May 29 13:11:58 UTC 2022

On 30/05/2022 1:04 AM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 May 2022 at 12:57:01 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> side of decisions, whereas I'm more interested in complimentary since
>> I have to stick to things like -betterC.
>
> ARC could work with -betterC.

I'm convinced for structs and classes, that's actually a DIP I would
like to write. I have written a bit up about what it would be[0].

Without boxing into fat types, I don't see how its going to be possible.
The boxing I'm really not happy about, as that is changing known type
behaviors and properties which is concerning to me.

But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong (not that I've thought about this
much)!

[0]
https://gist.github.com/rikkimax/95994607813d6665b6adbfb36d180c42#file-opref-md