Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:27:11 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 08:48:54 UTC, bauss wrote:

> C# doesn't have a single compiler, that was especially true
> before dotnet core, where you absolutely had to use other
> compilers if you wanted to write code for any other platforms
> than Windows.

In the world I live in (which maybe different to yours), there is
only one compiler for C# ;-)

I'd argue the same is true for the majority of C# developers (not
every single one, but a majority) - since the majority would have
been developing on Windows anyway.

When I goto the D download page, I have to immediately make a
choice from one of three compilers, even for the same platform.