Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:48:47 UTC 2022

On Monday, 30 May 2022 at 03:41:24 UTC, Ali wrote:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/axslxubumvtrudpjfpng@forum.dlang.org
>
> I think its really bad, that this is the most active topic on
> the forum
>

> use a better forum sotware and moderate
> and when topics like this get too active just close the thread
> and archive it
>
> D have a small community
> these topics really drain the energy of the D community
>
> If a new forum is not an option (which i think it isnt)
> maybe let the forum run dry (i.e. dont reply, at least not to
> threads like this one),
> and switch to discord or slack

what nonsense. this sounds like something a Rustacean would say
;-)

It not unusual for a thread, to morph into a multithread. big
deal.

if it bothers you, just don't read it.

when something on the news bothers me, I just switch it off. I
don't complain about it being on the news.

also, 'why is D unpopular' is an emotive headline, that
encourages a lot of response (either way). That's entirely
expected.

That you just want to shut it down, cause it bothers you, is far
more concerning to me, that the number of threads i need to read
(most of which i don't, and in any case, I can choose not to if
that is preference).

Could it be, that D is unpopular, because of statements like
yours (wanting to shut down conversations when they get a little
too active)?

At least I made an attempt to remain on topic ;-)