Is D really that bad?

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:48:59 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 10:10:12 UTC, zoujiaqing wrote:
> On Friday, 28 October 2022 at 11:25:32 UTC, zjh wrote:
>> On Friday, 28 October 2022 at 09:51:04 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>
>>  It's not that bad, but there are `too few` people. `D` needs
>> fresh blood, new ideas, organization, orientation, position,
>> and reconstruction.
>> Need a priority `todo` list.
>
> D need OKR.
>
> 1. Better package manager (like .Net).
> 2. New memory management, Must be memory safe.(Swift & Rust).
> 3. Powerful problem analysis tool (like rust-analysis, golang
> pprof).
> 4. High performance concurrent objects are encapsulated in the
> standard library.
> 5. UI Framework (like MAUI).
> 6. Networking library (eventcore and hunt?).
> 7. Game engine.

1. Package manager can be fixed, it's ok (I use nuget daily, ofc
it's better but dub is ok).
2. Memory management is soon there (we have a bunch of this,
live, safe, dip1000, custom allocators, gc, etc etc).
3. If you mean static analysis, then yes, that would be nice.
4. ?
5. We have a bunch, dlangui, dwt, gtk-d (works well), qt etc. We
don't need more
6. We have
7. There are many, dagon for example, check
https://wiki.dlang.org/Game_Development_and_Multimedia_Libraries