Is D really that bad?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:10:27 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 10:52:35 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> I'm 97.7331% sure we don't need more of anything, just actual
> people writing things.

If you want D to trend as you stated, then you most certainly
need to fix things like alias not working properly and other
"bugs", make language features work without GC, add a solid
competitive memory management solution that isn't the current GC.
You probably also need to clean up syntax and add things that
people take for granted from modern languages such convenient
tuple syntax and similar features that are now becoming
mainstream in other languages that also try to compete with C++.