Is D really that bad?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 21:26:16 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 5 November 2022 at 16:23:34 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> Java has modules. They are not mapped to a file. The above is
>> regarding files not (Java) modules.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Platform_Module_System
>
> Which honestly, that should be even more of an indicator that D
> should drop the one module per file restriction, and allow
> multiple modules in a single file.

I like the D system. We sort the code to files with similar logic
way we sort it to namespaces anyway. Having to add a namespace
block that encompasses the whole file to every single of them is
just annoying for no good reason.

Now I wouldn't mind if there was a way to have in-file modules in
addition to a file being a module (though I'd question if the
additional complexity is justified), but if I have to pick one or
the other I prefer the D system hands down.