Does D have any political goals?

thebluepandabear therealbluepandabear at protonmail.com
Mon Nov 7 05:30:20 UTC 2022

(If this message is off-topic/disallowed I apologize dearly, and
please feel free to remove this post if this is the case.)

Hello guys,

I have been programming for a couple of years in various
different languages. A couple of weeks ago I decided that I would
like to learn a new language, so I went ahead and began learning
Rust.

Immediately I realized how toxic, egostic, and rude the Rust
community was, and this made me very uncomfortable as when I
learn new languages I often love to be a part of the community
and interact with fellow programmers.

After that, I began to learn about all of the social
justice/political statements that Rust was putting out over the
last couple of years in regards to topics unrelated to
programming, this made me feel very uncomfortable -- not
necessarily because I disagreed with what they were saying (in
fact I agreed with most statements), but mostly because I felt
like  politics shouldn't be involved in a programming language.

Eventually I gave up on Rust, I simply couldn't ignore these two
issues that I had with the community and the core team. Rust had
the right to make political statements, but I had the right not
to use a language if that was the case.

For the next couple of days I was trying very hard to find an
apolitical language to learn instead of Rust, and I stumbled
across D. D seemed like a good language to learn and I saw that
the community was EXTREMELY nice, although I am not sure whether
D is an apolitical language (or whether they have been involved
politically).

I am just here asking whether or not D will keep politics out of
programming, et cetera, and look -- if D is political then I have
absolutely no issue, in fact I respect this decision completely.
It's just that when politics gets involved in programming it puts
me off instantly, so that's why I asked.

Answers would be appreciated :D

Regards,
thebluepandabear