betterC becoming unusable

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Nov 7 13:19:25 UTC 2022

On Monday, 7 November 2022 at 09:35:25 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Monday, 7 November 2022 at 09:12:51 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>
>> I'm also in favor of "fixing" betterC because of similar
>> reasons
>
> There are several `betterC` container libraries. If they are
> integrated into the `standard library`, it would be cool. With
> the powerful template function, they are not much worser than
> `C++`.
> If the `'C++'` is well interfaced, it is really cool.
> Because `C++` has several inherent defects. `betterC` can be
> more comfortable.
> C++'s shortcomings is that you have to use `ugly macros` anyway.
> while `'rust'` has ugly syntax, unnecessary wordy lifetime,
> dependency hell, and slow compilation speed.I don't Why do
> these people like `it`?

Mostly because it is an ML inspired language with C++ like
capabilities, a cool type system, but above all, it doesn't
matter how it looks, because a bunch of big corporations decided
it was going to be their C++ replacement, and it already powers
part of Android, AWS and Azure.

Just like I am not a big Go fan, yet due to CNCF products, it
landed on my plate as well.