Is D really that bad?

TTK Ciar ttk at ciar.org
Tue Nov 8 00:28:49 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 6 November 2022 at 01:56:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Divorcing modules from file names makes for clumsy, hackish
> attempts solutions to figuring out which file a particular
> module resides in.

Perl modules make for a good compromise -- when a module needs to
be found, it's a 1:1 correlation to filename, but for modules
referred to within the file, there is no such requirement.

That having been said, I can count on my fingers the number of
times I've actually used multiple modules per file, and won't
miss them writing D.