Does D have any political goals?

German Diago germandiago at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:57:18 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 8 November 2022 at 04:14:15 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:

> I think my question has been answered! I am excited to get into
> this language as it seems very cool (and underrated).

I have been following D for over 10 years, Rust, Swift and others
as alternatives to C++. D is small, but, coming from C++, it
looks like the natural transition to me, expecially for these
reasons (that no other language seems to do better):

- superior metaprogramming
- smooth transition from C++
- high C/C++ compatibility
- powerful compile-time metaprogramming

The only caveat seems to be that the ecosystem needs some love.
But it is a perfectly fine alternative for many cases I guess. I
think I will try my next project with D to see how it really
feels to bring something into life from start to end.