Does D have any political goals?

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue Nov 8 11:34:11 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 8 November 2022 at 10:46:55 UTC, Quirin Schroll wrote:

> I was here in 2016/17 and 2020/21 when American presidential
> elections took place, which were probably the most political
> events in the recent past concerning an English-language forum.

I'm not sure if this is about party politics. I decided look at
RustConf 2020 just in order to understand what this is all about.

https://youtu.be/IwPRu5FhfIQ?t=1479

This presentation is not really about party politics but more
that they claim using politics in order for them to reach their
goal, that is politics is a tool. They did not mention anything
regarding politics connected to any country/state government. The
conference is more similar to a big corporate event where CEO/CTO
talks with big words how wonderful their company/products are and
*insert big words* in order to achieve their business goals.

I haven't followed the Rust community everywhere so I can't say
if it more political on other channels. Going through posts on
Twitter would take too long time for me.

There is a cppcon talk that is more political to me and that is
where they reference early 1900 century communist intellectuals
in order to "change" C++. This talk is more political to me than
I've found in Rust. I couldn't find this one on Youtube anymore,
maybe you are better than me.

Are there political undertones among programmers that they cannot
suppress during official presentations? Maybe that's the case.

In the case of D, it's kind of inverted that we almost lack the
non-technical staff. Almost all of the people here have a
software engineering background which means that for example
compared to Rust we are lousy at marketing or understanding the
needs of all the different types of programming/programmers.