Does D have any political goals?

Araq rumpf_a at web.de
Wed Nov 9 19:52:47 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 9 November 2022 at 17:10:28 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:

> Regardless, lets not erase people by using pronouns that
> greatly favor in specificity one set of people over another.
> When we are not speaking about specific people.
>
> "they" is a great way to be inclusive, and generally speaking
> not offend anyone :)
>
> Everyone is welcome here, if their goal is to use D. Lets not
> push people away over wanting to hold on to language that
> favors one portion of the population over another.

"They" is highly offensive to me fwiw as it's completely against
the English grammar that I learned at school. Singular 3rd person
form of to "be" is "is". Do you say "they is"? No you don't, ergo
it cannot be a singular form.

There is nothing "inclusive" about wrong English. I've heard
"they" used incorrectly about a million times now. It will never
sound correct to me no matter how often I hear it.