[OT] Generating distribution of N dice rolls

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Fri Nov 11 01:47:54 UTC 2022

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 05:27:07PM -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> /**
>  * Simulates rolling N k-sided dice.
>  *
>  * Returns: A static array representing how many of each of 1..(k+1) were
>  * obtained by the rolls.
>  *
>  * Bugs: The current implementation uses a naïve algorithm that's rather
>  * inefficient for large N.  For our purposes, though, which involve only
>  * relatively small N, this is Good Enough(tm) for the time being. We can look
>  * into improving this if it becomes a performance bottleneck.
>  */
[...]

Argh, that last paragraph should be deleted. :-(

See, this is proof that documentation goes out of sync with the code.
We need a new innovation, along the lines of built-in unittests, to
revolutionize keeping docs up-to-date with the code.

The best compiler is between your ears. -- Michael Abrash