ImportC Rox

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Nov 12 18:18:13 UTC 2022

On 11/12/2022 7:35 AM, Don Allen wrote:
> I tried modifying my gtk.c in an attempt to work around some of the problems,
> using #defines, a technique suggested in Walter's documentation. This helped,
> but ultimately, it just kicks the can down the road. The fundamental problem is
> that the expansion of gtk.h is extremely complex and, crucially, makes use of
> gcc and/or clang extensions that I could not work around; they are just too far
> from C11 or too difficult to modify.
Thank you for the correction.

There are an endless number of C extensions, every C compiler does their own
thing with this. We've implemented a number of popular ones. We don't want to
waste time implementing ones that don't matter to our users.

I'd like to take a stab at the ones gtk needs. If you could please post them to
bugzilla, tagging them with the ImportC keyword, we can have a look at the
feasibility of implementing them.