Does D have any political goals?

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Wed Nov 16 17:31:54 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 16:37:47 UTC, Luna wrote:
> On Monday, 7 November 2022 at 05:30:20 UTC, thebluepandabear
>
> Rust is "political" to keep it's community safe and welcoming.

Thanks for talking.

Prominent people of the community, like Sonke or Alexandrescu,
talked in the past about being surprised by the amount of
hostility. It's even a big part of why they aren't there in this
thread!

Moderators in D do not have an easy time either. You can get
antagonized and blamed just for doing the minimum.

I think at a minimum insults are a problem. If we moderate the
small stuff, then the big stuff will not appear either. The rant
with insults poison the well.

Also and this is more personal: the community on the forums is
just weird.
When someone like Hipreme does a full game engine => 0 answers.
When someone talks trolls about core language => 100 pages.
So by sheer numbers if you hop on D you will found the rants
first and foremost... which compounds the problem. It's like it's
written "this place is a free-for-all for shady motives".