Does D have any political goals?

thebluepandabear therealbluepandabear at protonmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:00:02 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 20:49:02 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 20:45:44 UTC, Non-Human wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 20:24:17 UTC, An Actual
>> Human Being wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Heed your own advice instead of writing hyperbolic diatribes.
>
> Exactly...
>
> These people preach inclusivity but they are oftentimes the
> toxic and divisive people themselves when someone disagrees
> with them and they are forced to break out of their echo chamber

I really hope D will never become like what the Rust extremist
wants it to be, politics and programming do not mix, and what has
happened to the Rust community as a result is beyond catastrophic
to everyone. Rust has censored people for disagreeing with them,
openly attacked anyone who thinks differently from them -- it's a
mess. But please D, do not ever become like Rust, that's all I
wish for, these people may want to sway D in that direction but I
believe in the community that it will never get to that point
because unlike Rust -- D is not a corporate backed language and
actually the community is the one who decided where D goes.