Does D have any political goals?

Throwaway throwaway123 at throwaway.com
Wed Nov 16 21:47:23 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 21:39:04 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 21:08:09 UTC,
> thebluepandabear wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 21:05:44 UTC, Yawn wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 20:24:17 UTC, An Actual
>>> Human Being wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Nothing.  Just that the D forums really aren't the right
>>> place for pursuing your political agenda and/or social
>>> concerns, and you're not gonna get anywhere by posting them
>>> here. Take them to a forum dedicated to discussing these
>>> issues and you'll have better luck.
>>>

>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Wow.  So you're the only "actual human being" and everyone
>>> who disagrees with you (or agrees with you but understands
>>> that the D forums aren't the right place for this stuff) is a
>>> non-human being. And you're the only one being "marginalized"
>>> while in one fell swoop you are marginalizing everybody else
>>> as "assholes", "bigots" and "most unlikable beings" (i.e.,
>>> not "actual humans").  You go on the ad hominem and we're
>>> supposed to just swallow your agenda as you shove them down
>>> our throats on a forum that isn't even for this purpose --
>>> because you're the human and we are not.
>>>
>>> No hypocrisy here, none at all. Sheesh.
>>
>> One hundred percent argue with you, I am glad that people are
>> standing up to that person's insane way of thinking that all D
>> should do is ponder to a community which we actually have NO
>> issue with, I actually have no ISSUE with gay people or trans
>> people, these people like to INVENT issues that don't even
>> exist so that they can turn the community into a social
>> justice type thing, that's all.
>
> And I want to repeat this again, this person's 'issues' with
> the D community not being friendly towards trans people or
> whatever are UNFOUNDED NONSENSE claims.
>
> AS A NEWCOMER, I actually found the D community to be VERY nice
> and welcoming towards anyone, I did not see any discrimination
> towards anyone basis on their skin color, religion, sexual
> orientation, gender, whether or not they are trans, I saw none
> of that.
>
> In fact, we don't even talk about it because IT'S NOT IMPORTANT.
>
> YOU are making it important, when in reality NO ONE cares.
>
> In fact, just because D doesn't openly say that they are
> friendly towards minorities does not mean that they aren't,
> because it's just common bloody sense!
>
> And no I'm not an old boomer saying this, I'm almost 17, so
> don't pull that card on me.,

As a person who has soured on the Rust community, I agree with
your principles. I hate how some people have injected themselves
into every conversation, demanding society bend to their wills
like the idiots they are. I detest how so many programming
languages have become politically correct. I think a programming
community should focus purely on programming, and welcome
"bigots", "discriminatory behavior", "racists", "Nazis" in
without caring about them.

It should not matter what our political ideals are, we should not
express it these forums. No more mandatory and forced pronoun
usages. I don't care about people's skin color, sexual
orientation, religion, or gender either, and I don't care if
other people do or don't care. I don't care if you hate trans
people or if you hate black people or if you simply don't care,
we should just simply focus on D here. The amount of politics
injected into this thread is disgusting, for a community that
claims to be apolitical.

Rust is a programming language that has no value beyond simply
pushing an agenda. I hope D does not stray from their goals of
creating a better language that will stand the test of 1000 years.