Synchronize D 2.101.0 release with tooling please

M.M. matus at email.cz
Thu Nov 17 00:52:48 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 23:15:01 UTC, max haughton
wrote:
> On Monday, 14 November 2022 at 22:43:57 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> Please think about tooling before doing the release
>>
>> As usual tooling was completely ignored
>>
>> DUB merged stable without ImportC support.. [1]
>>
>> - DUB: needs ImportC support PR: [2]
>>
>> - DCD: needs to pick up bitfield support from recent libdparse
>> PR [3]
>>

>> So we can ensure users will have a great experience
>>

>> [1] - https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/2529
>>
>> [2] - https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/2522
>>
>> [3] - https://github.com/dlang-community/libdparse/pull/476
>
> Should we block a release for a WIP dub feature? The release
> was badly needed.
>
> On the subject of tooling I'd like to have a tree-sitter
> grammar in the compiler tree that we guarantee is up to date.

Yeah, I also think that having a tree-sitter grammar would be
greatly welcome (and contributing substantially to the "better
tooling" quest). I think that the ultimate approach of Vladimir
Panteleev would be a really great and sustainable solution.