Does the D teams would like to increase the WASM support

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:51:42 UTC 2022

On Friday, 18 November 2022 at 09:44:19 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Other approaches would be to look into Java, Flash (yep), Go
> and .NET, all of them already have mature WebAssembly
> implementations, with working GCs.

Yeah, it is fairly easy to do with compiler support (I believe
they all use a shadow stack). Same with exceptions and "blocking"
functions, you can have the compiler output resumeable code with
jump tables and such. llvm keeps adding more things upstream that
we can tap into if we wanted to.

What I wanted to do was the smallest change to the
already-almost-working webasm port to druntime that'd solve its
problems with a stock D compiler.

But yes, enabling those compiler options ought not be difficult
either.