Discussion Thread: DIP 1044--Enum Type Inference--Community Review Round 1

IchorDev zxinsworld at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:27:21 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 19 November 2022 at 08:48:54 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> (He / She)? gave a good reason, that already means "fetch from
> module namespace". While we could devise rules to make those
> disambiguate from each5 other, it'd be too much complexity for
> slightly better-looking syntax IMO.
>
> I thus prefer `$`. However, Timons idea, `_`, is even better.

If you're referring to me (I'm the DIP Author), then it's she/her.
The `_` is a bit confusing. Would it be `_.member`? If so then I
personally think `$` is better because it's 1 keystroke fewer. I
chose `$` because its current use can peacefully co-exist with
ETI and it's only two keystrokes, meaning that it beats writing a
2+ enum type name. If it was `_member` then it'd just look like a
normal symbol.