Alternative Possibility - Implicit with

IchorDev zxinsworld at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:29:46 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 19 November 2022 at 08:49:31 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:

> Advantages of this scheme:
>
> 1. doesn't need the special `$` which people don't seem to
> like, and using `.` conflicts with existing use

I'm up for changing it to something else, like I've said. It's
just that I can't think of anything better except maybe
`#member`, but I think `#` is reserved right?
`:member` would be cool but it reminds me of C++ and would be a
nightmare in so many cases. `%member` is alright but it looks
like an operator. What about `->member`... actually nevermind I
hate it.
`\member`???

> 3. seems to have a natural feel to it

I have mixed feelings about this. It's *very* hard to intuitively
read that it's an enum member when it's written without any kind
of affix at all, and it can't even work with overloaded
functions. With some changes, I'd consider it.