Discussion: Porting 58000 lines of D and C++ to jai, Part 0: Why and How

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Wed Nov 23 22:07:01 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 23 November 2022 at 17:20:54 UTC, Kyle Ingraham
wrote:

> I’m super-positive on D but also interested in whether there
> are others with the same issues as the article’s author.

I'm using VisualD and yeah it has become a bit strange over time,
with debugging values being shown wrong, it also depends what's
your compiler and whether youa re using Mago or isual studio
debugger, breakpoints sometimes not triggering unless you
rebuild... I'm pretty sure it used to be a bit better.

... but the _last_ thing I would do is rewrite a whole codebase
just for such a reason. It's not even clear Jai has a Visual
Studio extension at all.