Discussion Thread: DIP 1044--Enum Type Inference--Community Review Round 1

cc cc at nevernet.com
Thu Nov 24 14:13:56 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 23 November 2022 at 22:22:23 UTC, Adam D Ruppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 November 2022 at 22:16:35 UTC, Guillaume
> Piolat wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 22 November 2022 at 09:37:43 UTC, bauss wrote:
>>>
>>> If it's not implemented with .identifier then I will oppose
>>> it.
>>>

>> +1
>
> So that's two "no" votes to the feature.

Not a DIP contributor, but if it's open voting, I like Walter's
alternative of no punctuation, if possible.  Otherwise I have no
particular opinion on which character, `.indentifier` is fine,
but `$` feels like I'm writing perl again, not very attractive. :/

Would absolutely use this feature, though.  Have similar use
cases to ryuukk_'s examples.