ImportC Rox

confuzzled con at fuzzled.com
Sat Nov 26 04:25:51 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 12 November 2022 at 16:13:37 UTC, Don Allen wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 November 2022 at 04:36:33 UTC, confuzzled wrote:
>> Don, do you mind helping me out a little? I'm trying to link
>> up to and compile an xlsxio example and am making no progress.
>> The linker is not finding all the libraries. I'm currently
>> hunting down each one and copying them into my working
>> directory and inserting a progma(lib, "libname.a") statement
>> for each. After adding each one, it spits out another set of
>> undefined symbols. Somehow this just feels like I'm doing
>> something wrong but am not sure what.
>>
>> I would appreciate any assistance/guidance you can provide.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> confuzzled!!!
>
> I'd be happy to try to help, but need a lot more detail about
> what you are doing and I think it would be best to take this
> offline. The forum software claims you can get at my email
> address. Why don't you send me a private message with relevant
> files attached?
>
> /Don

Don,

My apologies for not responding earlier. I ran with the
explanation given by Mike and Andrey in this thread:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/ombwclqltsghqnjqraju@forum.dlang.org

I was able to get the library built and actually compiled the
program. Turns out the .configure script for xlsxio builds a
wonky makefile on osx and wasn't locating all the libraries
because it was looking in the wrong place. After a whole lot of
manual configuration I got it to build and produce a .dylib file
which I linked against without issues from D.

I'm not sure if I did everything correctly though. While the
example can spit out the names of all sheets in a workbook, I
cannot get it to display the content of any of the sheets. This
issue appears in both the original code and the D adoption. I'm
wondering what I could have done wrong when I changed the
makefile but haven't gone back to try and figure it out as yet.

Just wanted to say thanks for your assistance.

confuzzled!!!