sumtypes for D

Nick Treleaven nick at geany.org
Mon Nov 28 12:24:52 UTC 2022

On Monday, 28 November 2022 at 09:39:37 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> On Monday, 28 November 2022 at 09:27:11 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> I've written most of a DIP for one. Should I:
>>
>> 1. submit the DIP
>>
>> 2. just implement it and do a PR
>>
>> 3. post the DIP here
>>
>> 4. wait for a champion to take it over and submit it
>
> If you don't know, I'd go with 3. Or maybe post a link to the
> DIP draft you have published at Github so you can edit it.

If the DIP is complete I think it's usually best to submit the
DIP with a pull request so reviewers can check there's no issues
with clarity/definition. Then when it's in a state for initial
review the forum can comment on the design.

When people want input on design decisions before completing a
DIP then it gets discussed here first.