sumtypes for D

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:35:16 UTC 2022

On Monday, 28 November 2022 at 09:27:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I've written most of a DIP for one. Should I:
>
> 1. submit the DIP

This gets my vote. I think we should just drop the rule that you
can't author your own DIPs. Its only impact has been that your
DIPs have stalled.

I'm planning to modify the DIP process in the new year. Dropping
this rule is a change I was considering, so let's just go ahead
and do it.

And for the record, one change I've already decided on is that
I'm eliminating the Final Review round. A DIP can still have
multiple rounds of Community Review if it goes through
significant revision, but once the CR is done, it will now go
straight to Formal Assessment.