Forum: Reply: re-indentation broken with quotes?

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:34:55 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 27 November 2022 at 20:25:59 UTC, kdevel wrote:
> It seems that the reply function cannot correctly group lines
> of quotes into paragraphs. Reminds me of the famous
> format=flowed issues [1] (trailing space on a line means: join
> the line with the next one.)
>
> [1] https://joeclark.org/ffaq.html

The forum is behaving correctly, Ali's post is just weird. Click
This syntax tells user-agents that the > character should be
handled verbatim, and not as a quote indicator.

I think Thunderbird makes it easy to do this accidentally by
copying and pasting text. It has a separate "Paste as quotation"
action to paste proper quoted text.