Update on the D-to-Jai guy: We have real problems with the language

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Nov 28 22:42:23 UTC 2022

Early into my initial scoping of value type exceptions, I looked into
std.format.

There is no reason formattedWrite should allocate right? So why isn't it
already working with -betterC.

Well, the answer is quite simple, sooooo many exceptions are strewn
throughout ready to be fired off. I kinda gave up any hope that it could
ever be usable in even the harshest of scenarios.

But if we are thinking about doing a full rewrite of it, it would
certainly be good to ditch the class based exception mechanism for error
handling!