Update on the D-to-Jai guy: We have real problems with the language

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Nov 29 07:23:13 UTC 2022

We have made several attempts at making templates faster, such as the alias
reassignment change. Some big improvements happened.

Some benchmarking shows that a couple templates were at the top of the list of
time lost instantiating them. I hardwired them into the compiler, and now those
go pretty fast.

A lot can be done by simply going through Phobos and examining the templates
that forward to other templates, and perhaps manually inlining templates to
avoid expansions.