Feedback Thread: DIP 1044--Enum Type Inference--Community Review Round 1

IchorDev zxinsworld at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:19:13 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 27 November 2022 at 09:00:50 UTC, XavierAP wrote:
> The "rationale" is virtually empty, it contains only a personal
> statement that qualifying enums "can be tedious". Could this
> (essential) first part of the DIP be extended, explaining what
> the problem is that it aims to solve, providing some use cases
> -- and why is the proposed change a better solution than any
> possible with the current language, and the best possible
> solution in general?

Good point, it is relatively short. It's hard to write a long and
detailed rationale for a feature as small as a simple shortcut to
alleviate unnecessarily repeating yourself in your code. That
said, I will try and expand the rationale section but it might
not be pretty. I'm a programmer not an author, after all.